Sunday, January 30, 2005

 

New Hemisphere, New Life

I'M IN SOUTH AFRICA. I can hardly believe that myself considering how long this whole process has taken and the seemingly unending list of obstacles to overcome...So, I've bought the ticket, I'm getting on the plane and I'm thinking prematuraly, "it's over, finally, it's all over'...Well, its just begun really.

I'm in a little town on the very southern coast of South Africa called Knysna. It just occured to me the other day that I'm closer to the south Pole than I am to home...In other words I'm really far away from anything familiar. I've got a job here in Knysna as a landscape architect working for a development called the Thesen Islands...http://www.thesenislands.co.za/ Its an incredible opportunity and I'm looking forward to the challenges...

So many things to try to describe...I'm still waiting to get a computer set up where I can upload some pictures.

Comments:
Quincy, it is good to hear from you. I have been checking this everyday wondering how things are going. Glad to hear you are there and beginning to become settled. I am praying for you often, everytime you come to mind I pray that God is granting you peace and that He blesses you and draws you closer to Him as you begin this new journey. Anyway, things are good here. Adriane and I are getting ready for our Turkey trip, about 20 days away. Wish we could swing by South Africa, but we will have to do that on another trip. Blessings. Talk to you soon.
 
Hey Q, Nice to hear that you made it alive. I look forward to seeing what thatlace looks like. I hope you can replace the image of Nayjna that I have in my head right now (the set from Pirates of the Caribbean). Thanks to your inspiration, I got a blog of my own: benjaminbradley78.blogspot.com. I still don't know what I want to do with it but you can check it out anyway. Peace.
Ben
 
Andy, yes that bachelor place is more like in my stomach...Let's look forward to the next round--
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?