Sunday, February 13, 2005

 

Coastal Life...

I haven't really ever lived on an ocean coast before. The closest I've come is living on the Bosphorous Strait in Istanbul which was connected to the Mediterranean Sea. Watching tides come in, smelling really humid air, seeing funny birds and the crazy weather has all been novelty.

Yesterday I went and had a 'South African BBQ'--and I label it that because I'm too unsure how the name is really written. It wasn't so much a formal 'South African BBQ' as much as it was just hanging out on a cliff overlooking one of the most beautiful stretches of beach I've ever seen. Coastal life...I think I could get used to it.

My friend Craig wants to know if I'm going to take up surfing. The only problem is I've got a bit of phobia in regards to sharks...Or is that a phobia? I don't think fearing sharks is irrational and its always done me good--So, seeing as this South African coast has a large number of White Sharks, and the like, I'll keep to the designated swimming areas...

I've put up some pictures. A couple from my view yesterday, some of the birds I get to see here, and some pictures of my current apartment.

Comments:
Q, Thanks for posting the pics. It looks great, are you enjoying it? I mean, really getting into it? I still can't believe you are there but the pics do help to instill faith that you are. I am praying that your times of solitude are foundational for you. As we know, life doesn't offer too many of those times and before you know it, you will be so busy and wishing for those times again. May you see more and more of God's love for you. Take care - good thought on the staying away from the sharks. By the way, Adriane and I leave for Turkey & Kyrgyzstan this Friday, we feel like God is going to do some big things, we can't wait. Pray for us if you think about it.
 
Q--
Ain't nothin' wrong with fearing some sharks. I'm with you brother. The ocean is prettier and less stinging from the outside anyway. :P I enjoy your posts; keep 'em comin'.
 
Jim, you're more than welcome...I'd take out some insurance and if you get chomped can I have that cool lamp in your room? Really, check out Mossel Bay, Plettenburg Bay, and other locations within an hour's drive..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?