Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

FOR A LIMITED TIME…April 11, 2005

If its all true the only time you fail is the last time you try if I concede defeat will I be complete in this failure am I incomplete and a complete failure disconcerted after the last of the great you and I disasters I’m spent I’m done being broken tossing in the towel washed my hands and cut my teeth penned an ode to my belle deme sans merci and I’m so scarred and its all true the flesh was weak and the spirit was too you should know the wool you pulled down on your faithful martyr was blazoned “scarred but smarter” the oft-fooled prince is losing sleep a the thought of being the jester in the court of the queen of double-speak [two] years is a long, long time to seek and never find what you don’t know and now you don’t want me and I’m so scarred count your losses and cast off our ashes and sackcloth resigned to be idle for awhile me and sherine bridges the gap between the one you think you can live with and the one you know you can’t live without it’s not that I feel good it’s that I still can feel that’s good and that’s all that’s good for now I’m too scarred” --Model Engine, ‘The Lean Years Tradition’

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?