Friday, April 29, 2005

 

Inspiration!

Well, I just finished reading another blog--man they write alot, everyday and about anything. I was inspired--just to post another piece of information though...I might try to write everyday but I can't tomorrow or the day after...

So, this weekend is another long weekend starting today and ending on monday. I'm already confused with the vacation--when you don't do much it seems like two days go by instead of one. I keep thinking tomorrow will be Sunday or Monday when really its just going to be Saturday...I was invited to go to a 'getaway' at a beach house but I'm hesitant...who knows, next post there might be pictures of a beach getaway...Probably not.

When I arrived here I was overwhelmed with the amount of solitude. Alone time. Quiet time. Silence. It was disturbing not to talk for a day or so to anyone...The past couple weeks have been a far departure from that--and now...now I miss it. So, tomorrow may be social but I'm leaning towards alone time and it will be nice. Choosing that time is harder than it seems--when you need it or it would be good to have some quiet but there is something happening...I spent 5 years of university trying to make that choice...

Still mountain biking. Still hurting every ride. Still looking down the barrel of a loaded goal--my goal: 100k mountain bike race in September..."Oh, not that bad..." you may be thinking...I was thinking that too a couple of months ago...

I'm learning how to cook fish.

You know, I haven't heard talk radio, read a newspaper, or listened to the news in any form for about 4 months. I don't feel any worse for it. On that note, I haven't eaten mcdonalds for over 6 months! That is a goal worth setting as an American! Should I even be keeping a record of how long it has been? Is that a bad sign--I still crave the fries weekly--but you have to make the decision just to stop...to halt the cycle of addiction...

So, the inspiration has burned itself out in the typing of sentences, backspacing, and re-reading to make sure I didn't spell anything wrong...I'm sure I have anyway. Enough 'blogging' for this weekend. I've got better things to do...

I have to figure out a way to get my running shoes to stop smelling. If anyone has any suggestions--leave a comment. They got wet and now they smell like mildew...do I have to buy new ones? Do I just walk around with terribly smelly shoes?

Leave comments anyway. Whether you know how to get shoes to stop smelling or even if your shoes smell or not--leave a comment. Okay, don't...Don't feel pressured to leave a comment--but if you do know how to get mildew or whatever out of shoes please tell me...

Comments:
a) wash them in the washing machine and let air dry.

b) after doing this take a dryer sheet and place inside each shoe

c) stop showering and no one will notice your shoes

d) wear them to McDonald's and allow it's sweet aroma to overpower the stinch of mildew and feet.
 
I second Craig's advice--especially the McDonald's. It is funny that I ate there every week in Turkey, but haven't eaten there at all in like a year. Something about the comfort of home, or maybe wanting what you can't have easily. I think it is probably more the second one. :P

I am glad you have trouble blogging. If you notice mine, I have like one a month so don't feel bad. That girl you are talking about is like "blog queen." Seriously, I don't know how she does it.

Hope you do well with your goals and racing--are you aiming to win or just make it through? Just curious...
 
first: i am friends with a blogging queen, its more b/c she has a job in which she has nothing to do, thus much spare time with a computer in front of her...so don't feel too bad.

second: i just saw a pic of katie, my word its rappunzel - your hair is sooo long, too cute! (in case you read this)

third: i dont really have a third, other than to say hi and hope the natives aren't thinking american's stink b/c of your shoes... so get that fixed
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?